The Community Partnerships Coordinator provides administrative and logistic support, as well as process improvement an implementation related to community partnership initiatives and financial literacy. This position is also responsible for understanding and representing the credit union brand.
Must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of the organization in a positive manner.
1) Program Development and Support - 40%
a. Provide administrative and logistic support to the Community Partnerships Team.
b. Assist in financial literacy and community partnership program documentation and development of program of materials.
c. Measure and track programs and identify areas of strengths and opportunities.
d. Support Student Welcome and orientation initiatives on UW campuses.
e. Manage the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)program which includes volunteer recruitment, training, scheduling, creating partner schedules, and meeting all IRS standards for VITA site compliance.
f. Coordinate planning of VITA with partners and provide ongoing communication throughout the tax season.
g. Document and communicate final results of VITA for the credit union, each partner involved, as well as
h. identify process improvements for the following VITA year.
2) Financial Education - 30%
a. Make recommendations to improve effectiveness and impact of financial education programs; including
b. content revision.
c. Provide support and information to the Financial Mentor team.
d. Provide financial literacy seminars across all communities we serve.
e. Continuously research financial literacy trends, strategies and methods for educating the college student and adult population.
g. Support financial wellness activities in the communities we serve.
h. Track success and effectiveness of financial literacy efforts in order to achieve or exceed the
i. goals of the program as well as monitoring ongoing activities.
j. Prepare reports on program status.
k. Be aware and communicate about other financial literacy efforts in the communities we serve.
3) Community Partnerships - 20%
a. Maintain existing relationships with targeted businesses and organizations to strengthen community ties and financial literacy.
c. Understand, promote and articulate the meaningful and differentiated brand identity that distinguishes the organization (Humanity counts most).
e. Collaborate with Branch Managers to strengthen existing community ties in local branch areas.
f. Based on provided goals, track and report results
g. Provide logistic and tracking support of the employee volunteer program 2
4) Other Duties - 10%
a. Accountable for individual development.
b. Participate in professional and social organizations in the communities we serve.
c. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Four-year college degree in Business, Communications, Education, Marketing or a related field required.
- Two to three years of non-profit development, marketing or sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of community and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles.
- Ability to complete basic federal and state income tax forms and to accurately perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to handle program and client information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to speak effectively in public and lead seminars.
- Ability to understand the vision and values of UW Credit Union and to implement the mission, purpose and goals.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with clients, both written and orally.
- Ability to function professionally in stressful situations.
- Ability to organize time effectively and to set work priorities.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze data and provide sound recommendations.
- High level of customer service orientation and human relations skills.
- General understanding of business development processes and financial products and services.
- Proficient with technology concepts, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
- PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, contact management systems, and laptop/projection systems for presentations.