The Network Intern will be used to augment the Network Services staff. This position is Limited Term based on the school semester and is less than 20hrs per week . The Network Intern will be responsible for assisting Network Services with project tasks as well as updating network diagrams and general network documentation.
The Network Intern must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of the Organization in a positive manner.
1) Assists with Project Tasks- 50%
a. Assist the network Services staff with projects such as workstation replacements, decommissioning old PCs, erasing hard drives of old PCs, coordinating and assisting with office moves.
2) Business Initiatives- 30%
a. Assist Network Support with any current Business Initiatives that might include PC and office moves hardware or software upgrades or changes Visit to branch locations may be required. Following written testing procedures and documenting results.
3) Update Network Documentation- 15%
a. Some possible duties might include writing procedures and writing knowledge base articles for the help desk system.
4) Perform other Divisional Duties as Required- 5%
a. Provide adequate cross training to other IT/IS team members to ensure ongoing operations.
b. Develop and maintain appropriate vendor and support relationships.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field extremely desirable.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Workstations, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Experience in client consultation in an information center environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer-contact skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and interact professionally with other employees.