The Card Services Specialist is responsible for providing assistance, research, resolution and operational and technical support and administration for members and staff on the usage of the VISA Credit Card, Debit Card Campus Card, Gift Card, Instant Issue and ATM products. Ensures the quality of system processes affecting members’ use of services through review of systems, testing and implementing system updates, and report review. Responsible for maintaining a high level of electronic services compliance knowledge, relevant state and federal regulations, policies and procedures established by UWCU, and system capabilities and enhancements.
This position must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of the organization in a positive manner.
1) Administration of Card Program Operations & Services - 50%
a. Monitors call and e-mail volume and provide the highest level of customer service support to members and staff providing detailed information.
b. Ensures that all card processing standards and time frames are met.
c. Performs account and card maintenance.
d. Responsible for monetary functions and balancing of appropriate GLs.
e. Reviews daily, weekly and monthly exception reports.
f. Regularly reviews processes, procedures, and forms and recommends improvements to comply with regulatory compliance or to increase productivity, performance, and efficiency.
g. Produces monthly service-level reports and trending data on areas pertinent to responsibilities.
h. Works with appropriate areas (such as Marketing, Lending, IT) to deliver programs as intended.
2) Supports Vendor Relationships and Card Network Operations - 20%
a. Conducts timely communications and actions with vendors promoting positive vendor relationships.
b. Maintains knowledge of vendor updates and keeps abreast of the direction, technology, enhancements, and changes.
c. Reviews and analyzes vendor reports, costs, etc, and recommends improvements, when necessary.
d. Monitors system maintenance through vendors to ensure transmission and accuracy.
e. Maintains relevant compliance knowledge and keeps abreast of industry and technological advances.
f. Maintains extensive knowledge of VISA Operating Rules and Regulations, Regulation E and system enhancements which affect the Debit Card processing, Reg Z and lending regulations for Credit Card processing, as well as those of various PIN based networks
g. Research technical manuals and utilize IS staff resources to determine options and feasibility.
3) Project Initiatives and Other Duties - 30%
a. Takes responsibility for recommended process improvements, including technical changes or network upgrades, utilizing the RFS process, as appropriate.
b. Participate in project work including, but not limited to, project tasks, internal and external departmental training, meetings and communication plans.
c. Collaborates with relevant departments (Retail, Processing Center, Lending, IT, etc) to test software upgrades and reviews data and member feedback. Communicates and trains staff of changes, as appropriate.
d. Cross-trains within the department and provides primary back-up support, fostering teamwork and quality service.
e. Develop and lead in-house training and education.
f. Escalate complex problems to the department manager for guidance.
g. Perform other duties as directed by the department manager, director, and/or executive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- High School diploma and/or equivalency. Associate Degree or higher in a business related field preferred.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Two years experience in an operations area of a financial institution to include, an understanding of account ownership, debit/credit card processing, and other card operations activities.
- Six months of dispute processing is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations and compliance relating to debit, credit, and ATM services
- Demonstrated ability to analyze systems, problem solve, and recommend and implement changes to improve efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly research and organize data.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast paced, growing environment.
- Ability to use a personal computer and related software including, Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Outlook.