The Branch Manager II position is responsible to motivate their team to acquire, expand, and retain member relationships and leading staff to maximize the service/sales encounter as described in the Branch Service Philosophy. This position is accountable for the effective and efficient management of a branch including member deposit, loan, and relationship growth and strong member satisfaction and loyalty. The Branch Manager position is responsible for cultivating community awareness and generating new business and referrals from industry contacts.
The Branch Manager II operates a branch with an elevated level of complexity and contribution in the areas of lending, deposit and teller volumes, assigned membership and full time equivalent employees. These branches tend to deliver in the middle tier of loan production ($7 -$10M), have high rates of teller transactions (over 80k annually), serve a middle tier of assigned members (4,000 and higher) and operate under a FTE between 7-10 employees, usually in partnership with an Assistant Branch Manager.
Must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of the Organization in a positive manner.
1) Achievement in Balanced Scorecard 50%
a. Responsible for meeting specific goals for coaching, sales and member satisfaction.
b. See current year scorecard addendum.
2) Leadership Expectations 40%
a. Work closely with HROD and senior management to select and retain highly engaged employees.
b. Interpret and communicate overall organizational purpose, critical measures, strategies and progress as it relates to the department and individual team member goals and success. Cascade information. Provide open and transparent communication with team members and departments across the organization.
c. Responsible for developing a staff of highly engaged employees as measured by the annual employee engagement surveys.
d. Provide broad based recognition by recognizing positive behaviors, achievements, and results exhibited by team members and all staff at all levels across the organization in a consistent and professional manner.
e. Review and communicate performance standards and expectations of team members as often as necessary to ensure accountability and effective execution.
f. Actively role model behaviors necessary to achieve goals.
g. Possess a commitment to the excellence of others through actions that support the growth and development that optimizes the talent of individual team members.
h. Provide timely, ongoing and consistent direction, performance coaching and honest feedback through dialogs, mid- year snapshots, year-end appraisals and informal in-the-moment coaching.
i. Maintain accurate, timely and transparent information regarding employee performance. Examples include, attendance (updating time and attendance information as required), dialogs, performance journals, and documented disciplinary actions and action plans as necessary.
j. Utilize progressive discipline practices to address sub-standard performance in a timely manner. Carry out progressive discipline and documentation with dignity and respect.
k. Invite and accept feedback from others and provide upward feedback.
l. Responsible for own continual individual development and improvement of UW Credit Union’s Leadership Succes Criteria.
m. Consistently meets standards for scored observations and dialogs.
3) Maintain Operational Standards and Quality 10%
a. Responsible for the management and control of the operational expenses of their branch.
b. Responsible for ensuring that transactions of tellers and financial specialists are extremely accurate with a minimal amount of errors.
c. Insure that all scheduled audits are carried out in an efficient, timely, consistent, and accurate fashion.
d. Maintain security by ensuring that all security procedures are followed, equipment is maintained and tested, and that employees adhere to cash management policies and procedures.
e. Ensure that all employees’ labor hours (working & nonworking) are accurately collected on a timely basis (within 48 hours) through UW Credit Union’s time and attendance systems.
f. Ensure that employees apply appropriate skill in controlling loan and fraud losses.
g. Manage facility by ensuring proper maintenance, repairs and other facilities needs with assistance of the facility manager and their staff.
h. Responsible for any additional duties and or responsibilities as assigned by senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, marketing or a related field required.
- 4-5 years of managerial experience in the financial industry, or an experiential equivalency of at least 5 years experience in a managerial capacity outside of the financial industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate and develop staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of retail sales and marketing concepts.
- Ability to learn, understand, and lead complex operations including the lending process, member services and teller operations.
- Exceptional communication effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a typical office environment involving exposure to fluorescent lighting, potential ink fumes, contact with synthetic materials and air conditioning.
- Ability to manually handle cash and coin currency received from the general public
- Ability to sit and/or stand for 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- This person directly supervises and coaches tellers, financial specialists and possible assistant branch managers.